Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cus I do the Cha Cha On My Sleep

Hey Everyone! Welcome to My blog. I had wanted to create a blog prior to this class but I am happy to be able to do it now. The class is very interesting and many of you have very interesting things to say regarding theory. The only problem I have with this is that I might get confused once in a while. I felt like a total idiot for laughing at Yeast's poem. I apologize but just picturing a swan raping a woman is absurd. Or it sounded absurd at the moment. What I like about theory its not the lenses in which we can read literary work but also our own bias. For Example, I see birds as innocent feathery creatures and the thought of a God becoming one sounded stupid. Yet I thought about how the eagle, for example, is the symbol of the United States. This made me realize how my experience affects the way I see the world. This concept too help me understand Plato in some sense. I might not agree with him on his theory but I understand why he felt the sophist would manipulate the people of Athens. The experience he had in his time led him to question what was true and who had the power to control ideas. I cant wait for Aristotle.

No comments:

Post a Comment